POST APPOINTMENT (7-10 DAYS)
After care is crucial, it is very important to follow these instructions for the full 7 day healing period to ensure proper healing and color retention. Results will vary for all individuals and we can not guarantee your results.
- Let your brow tattoo DRY HEAL FOR 24- 48 HOURS after the procedure.
- Use a damp q-tip with lukewarm water (oily skin will add one drop of a fragrance free mild soap) to gently blot your brow tattoo 2-3 times a day after the procedure to keep the eyebrow tattoo clean.
- After the 24-48 hour healing period, moisturize your brow tattoo AS NEEDED for 2 WEEKS (you can use either vitamin E oil or grapeseed oil).
THINGS TO AVOID (2-3 weeks)
- pools, hot tubs, lakes, steam rooms & saunas
- sunbathing & sunbeds
- any perfume or chemically products near your brows
- sleeping on your face
- long, hot showers - try limit to 5 minutes
- soaking in a hot bath - as little steam as possible
- invasive cosmetic procedures like skin peels & botox
- intense exercise & heaving sweating
- application of make-up around the brow area
- rubbing, scratching or exfoliating your brows
- let any scabs fall off naturally - do not pick!
4 - 6 WEEKS (TOUCH UP)
Your brows will be fully healed & you need to make your finishing touch-up appointment for anytime between now & the 2 month mark to avoid an additional charge. The colour will fade between 30-40% in the weeks after the initial treatment and this is the true colour. If you feel they aren't dark enough, full enough or thick enough - consult with me on your finishing touch-up day and we can adjust.
- This is a 2 step process. The first session is used to build shape and gain symmetry. The second session is used to perfect the brows and add density.
- The first touch-up or second session is done within the first 1-2 months after the first session.
- It is your responsibility to book your touch up appointments. With the high demand it usually takes about 1 month to get a touchup appointment so please plan accordingly. If your tattoo comes back too faded additional charges may apply.
- Out of town clients- a trip back for touchups in your location is not guaranteed. All future appointments are done in Mckinney Tx, at Harper Blvd
- Do not expect perfect results after the first session.
- Darker skin women, permanent makeup will not look as bold or sharp compared to lighter skin clients.
- Some client’s skin may have a harder time retaining pigment and may require additional sessions.
LONG TERM CARE
- There is no guarantee of results, everyone’s results will vary due to skin type, lifestyle, and the initial 7 day care and longterm care of your brow tattoo.
- Use at least SPF 50 to protect your brows, sun exposure will cause fading and can alter the color of your tattoo.
- Do not use chemical exfoliants on the brows, this will cause the brows to fade faster.
- Do not do laser your brow area (IPL etc), some lasers may change the color of the ink.
- As the tattoo fades the strokes will get fainter and less defined.
- Maintenance is required to maintain desired results. Touchups are done on average every 12-15 months to maintain you brow tattoo.
- Hair stroke brows typically last 1-3 years.