Microblading Care Instructions
- Stop using any skin thinners (Vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on the brow area 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Any waxing or brow shaping should be done at least 2 days in advance.
- If you tint your brows, tint at least one week in advance.
- Cosmetic botox or fillers should be done 1 week in advance.
- DO NOT consume alcohol, caffeine or take any blood thinners (aspirin, ibuprofen, Niacin 48 hours before your procedure- this will promote excess bleeding and may affect your results). Consult your physician if you are taking prescription blood thinners!
- Bring examples of brow shapes you like to the appointment.
- You may experience hypersensitivity and more pain around or during your menstrual cycle.
- We will not be able to tattoo over any blemishes, sores, and moles in or around the brow area.
- If you regularly fill in your brows, come with your eyebrows filled to desired thickness.
- If you would like more information or have any questions you can book a free consultation appointment anytime - this is recommended.
- A $100 non- refundable deposit is required to make an appointment.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- I usually allow myself around 3 hours treatment time, it rarely takes that long but just to be sure we aren't rushing - please do allow plenty of time for your session.
- Most of the treatment is spent measuring, drawing, checking, double checking & triple checking everything together to make entirely sure you're happy with everything before we make any permanent changes.
- A numbing agent is used to reduce any discomfort but if you do start to feel you need more during the blading, don’t be scared to ask - I don't bite! :)
- A fresh blade is used for every person. The 'blade' is actually made up of a row of tiny fine needles attached to a handheld tool.
- The blading itself can take anything between 30 minutes to an hour depending on your natural brows and the kind of results you want.
- Each hair stroke is 'grazed' with the pigment filled blade around 3 times each to evenly distribute the pigment throughout the incision making a clean, crisp, realistic looking hair.
- Once all the strokes are in, pigment is applied all over your brows and left for 10 minutes to ensure each new 'hair' is completely saturated with colour and while it's on we can discuss aftercare.
- DO NOT expect your brow tattoos to heal perfectly after the first session. This is a 2 step sometimes multiple step process.
- BE PATIENT during your 2 week healing process, your brows will change and appear different from day to day, THIS IS NORMAL.
- Immediately after your procedure brows will appear darker and more defined and this will last up to 2 weeks . Your brow tattoo can appear more solid, hair strokes may seem to disappear and it may look wet and painted on. THIS IS NORMAL.
- Around days 4-5 you will experience scabbing and your brows may look dry and flakey. DO NOT PICK your scabs, let them fall off naturally. If scabbing comes off prematurely, missing hair stokes will result and cause patchy brows.
- Your brow tattoo will take up to 4-6 weeks to fully heal. When the scabbing comes off the hair strokes may seem faint, this is because a fresh layer of skin has healed over the brow tattoo. Give your brows a few weeks and the hair strokes resurface.
- You may experience itchiness in the brows after 10 days and up to 2 months because of the healing of the epidermal layer.
- Not everyones brows can heal clean and crisp. Hairstrokes for oilier skin types tend to heal more solid and powdery while drier skin types tend to heal more crisp and defined.
Each client’s skin responds differently to microblading. This information acts as a guideline only.
POST APPOINTMENT (7-10 DAYS)
After care is crucial, it is very important to follow these instructions for the full 7 day healing period to ensure proper healing and color retention. Results will vary for all individuals and we can not guarantee your results.
- Let your brow tattoo DRY HEAL FOR 24- 48 HOURS after the procedure.
- Use a damp q-tip with lukewarm water (oily skin will add one drop of a fragrance free mild soap) to gently blot your brow tattoo 2-3 times a day after the procedure to keep the eyebrow tattoo clean.
- After the 24-48 hour healing period, moisturize your brow tattoo AS NEEDED for 2 WEEKS (you can use either vitamin E oil or grapeseed oil).
- pools, hot tubs, lakes, steam rooms & saunas
- sunbathing & sunbeds
- any perfume or chemically products near your brows
- sleeping on your face
- long, hot showers - try limit to 5 minutes
- soaking in a hot bath - as little steam as possible
- invasive cosmetic procedures like skin peels & botox
- intense exercise & heaving sweating
- application of make-up around the brow area
- rubbing, scratching or exfoliating your brows
- let any scabs fall off naturally - do not pick!
4 - 6 Weeks (Touch Up)
- This is a 2 step process. The first session is used to build shape and gain symmetry. The second session is used to perfect the brows and add density.
- The first touch-up or second session is done within the first 1-2 months after the first session.
- It is your responsibility to book your touch up appointments. With the high demand it usually takes about 1 month to get a touchup appointment so please plan accordingly. If your tattoo comes back too faded additional charges may apply.
- Out of town clients- a trip back for touchups in your location is not guaranteed. All future appointments are done in Mckinney Tx, at Harper Blvd
- Do not expect perfect results after the first session.
- Darker skin women, permanent makeup will not look as bold or sharp compared to lighter skin clients.
- Some client’s skin may have a harder time retaining pigment and may require additional sessions.
Long Term Care
- There is no guarantee of results, everyone’s results will vary due to skin type, lifestyle, and the initial 7 day care and longterm care of your brow tattoo.
- Use at least SPF 50 to protect your brows, sun exposure will cause fading and can alter the color of your tattoo.
- Do not use chemical exfoliants on the brows, this will cause the brows to fade faster.
- Do not do laser your brow area (IPL etc), some lasers may change the color of the ink.
- As the tattoo fades the strokes will get fainter and less defined.
- Maintenance is required to maintain desired results. Touchups are done on average every 12-15 months to maintain you brow tattoo.
- Hairstroke brows typically last 1-3 years.